geronimo-user mailing list archives

From sim085 <sim...@hotmail.com>
Subject Problem starting Geronimo
Date Mon, 29 Oct 2007 10:06:08 GMT

Hi,

I have just downloaded Geronimo (for Windows), and placed the zip content
under C:\Program Files\Geronimo-Tomcat.

I then enter in command promt and run the command <Geronimo
Home>/bin/geronimo run.

However I recieve the following exception when I do so:

[console]
Microsoft Windows [Version 5.2.3790]
(C) Copyright 1985-2003 Microsoft Corp.

H:\>c:

C:\>cd "Program Files"

C:\Program Files>cd Geronimo-Tomcat

C:\Program Files\Geronimo-Tomcat>cd bin

C:\Program Files\Geronimo-Tomcat\bin>geronimo.bat run
Using GERONIMO_BASE:   C:\Program Files\Geronimo-Tomcat
Using GERONIMO_HOME:   C:\Program Files\Geronimo-Tomcat
Using GERONIMO_TMPDIR: var\temp
Using JRE_HOME:        C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.5.0_12\jre
10:46:44,457 ERROR [GBeanInstanceState] Error while starting; GBean is now
in th
e FAILED state:
abstractName="org.apache.geronimo.configs/j2ee-system/2.0.2/car?
configurationName=org.apache.geronimo.configs/j2ee-system/2.0.2/car"
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.repository.MissingDependencyException: Unable to
reso
lve dependency org.apache.geronimo.modules/geronimo-common/2.0.2/jar
        at
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.ConfigurationResolver.resolve(Confi
gurationResolver.java:114)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.Configuration.buildClassPath(Config
uration.java:405)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.Configuration.createConfigurationCl
asssLoader(Configuration.java:322)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.Configuration.<init>(Configuration.
java:267)
Method)

        at
sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstruct
orAccessorImpl.java:39)
        at
sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingC
onstructorAccessorImpl.java:27)
        at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:494)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstance.createInstance(GBeanI
nstance.java:946)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstanceState.attemptFullStart
(GBeanInstanceState.java:268)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstanceState.start(GBeanInsta
nceState.java:102)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstance.start(GBeanInstance.j
ava:539)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.BasicKernel.startGBean(BasicKernel.j
ava:361)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.ConfigurationUtil.loadBootstrapConf
iguration(ConfigurationUtil.java:195)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.ConfigurationUtil.loadBootstrapConf
iguration(ConfigurationUtil.java:159)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.util.MainConfigurationBootstrapper.loadBoo
tConfiguration(MainConfigurationBootstrapper.java:84)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.util.MainConfigurationBootstrapper.getMain
(MainConfigurationBootstrapper.java:57)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.util.MainConfigurationBootstrapper.main(Ma
inConfigurationBootstrapper.java:38)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.cli.AbstractCLI.executeMain(AbstractCLI.java:67)
        at org.apache.geronimo.cli.daemon.DaemonCLI.main(DaemonCLI.java:30)
java.lang.IllegalStateException: GBean is not running:
org.apache.geronimo.confi
gs/j2ee-system/2.0.2/car?configurationName=org.apache.geronimo.configs/j2ee-syst
em/2.0.2/car
        at
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.BasicKernel.getGBean(BasicKernel.jav
a:304)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.ConfigurationUtil.loadBootstrapConf
iguration(ConfigurationUtil.java:197)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.ConfigurationUtil.loadBootstrapConf
iguration(ConfigurationUtil.java:159)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.util.MainConfigurationBootstrapper.loadBoo
tConfiguration(MainConfigurationBootstrapper.java:84)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.util.MainConfigurationBootstrapper.getMain
(MainConfigurationBootstrapper.java:57)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.util.MainConfigurationBootstrapper.main(Ma
inConfigurationBootstrapper.java:38)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.cli.AbstractCLI.executeMain(AbstractCLI.java:67)
        at org.apache.geronimo.cli.daemon.DaemonCLI.main(DaemonCLI.java:30)
C:\Program Files\Geronimo-Tomcat\bin>
[/console]

Does anyone know why this is happening. I tried to search on google and did
find some people comming accross this problem, however so far I did not find
any solutions.

Thanks for any comments,
Regards,
Sim085