geronimo-user mailing list archives

From gromar <mgrof...@pflow.sk>
Subject Re: Load stand alone deployment plan
Date Fri, 26 Oct 2007 09:37:54 GMT

What I am trying to do:

Our company has developed Workflowclient for 3 engines but for each engine
it is different application (it looks same for the user, but implementation
is totaly different).It is allways J2EE application.

I want to develop workflow client application. It is client for connecting
to Tasks servers of workflow engines (IBM WebSphere Process Server, Tibco
Staffware, Oracle Process Server, jBPM etc). It is used by user for managing
his tasks. It is similar to e-mail client for handling e-mails. There are
tasks (e-mails), queues (folders) for tasks. Each task has formular for
viewing. Task can be completed, saved, canceled,.....

Workflow client should be:
- thin/thick application
             - thin = web app. independent from application server
             - thick app (for offline use) based on java., (it should be
plug-in to e-mail client to)
- independent from workflow engine

My proposal to implement it is described on the nextfigure.
http://www.nabble.com/file/p13423811/WFC-GBeans.png

Bootstrap always depends on environment (portlet, servlet, e-mail client
plug-in, stand alone app,...)
User interface and form-1 n Gbeans are responsible for communication with
user (handling tasks) and workflow connector Gbean is implemented for
Workflow engine comunication.

It is easy to hardcore this GBeans configuration into Bootstrap, but I would
liketo use "plan.xml" for configuration (in the future GBean plug-in
repositories (it is hard to maintain formulars))

As a proof of the concept, at first I would like to develop 2 different
bootstraps (simple servlet, and standalone app). Then I will develop 2
different GBeans for UI, formulars, and WF Engine connector.

I hope this descripton should give you more information about my aim.

Thank for in advance for your next message.

regards,
Martin