geronimo-user mailing list archives

From iporter <iain.por...@smartstream-stp.com>
Subject Classloader issue with Geronimo 1.1.1 and Jencks 1.3
Date Fri, 26 Oct 2007 08:16:47 GMT

I am trying to get Jencks 1.3 working with Geronimo 1.1.1

I have an applicationContext.xml with the following entries:

 <bean id="transactionManagerImpl"
class="org.jencks.factory.TransactionManagerFactoryBean">
        <property name="defaultTransactionTimeoutSeconds" value="600"/>
        <property name="transactionLog">
            <bean
class="org.apache.geronimo.transaction.log.UnrecoverableLog"/>
        </property>
 </bean>

    <bean id="transactionContextManager"
class="org.jencks.factory.TransactionContextManagerFactoryBean">
        <property name="transactionManager" ref="transactionManagerImpl"/>
    </bean>

    <bean id="userTransaction"
class="org.jencks.factory.GeronimoTransactionManagerFactoryBean">
        <property name="transactionContextManager"
ref="transactionContextManager"/>
    </bean>

  <bean id="transactionManager"
class="org.springframework.transaction.jta.JtaTransactionManager">
	<property name="userTransaction">
		<ref local="userTransaction"/>
	</property>
	<property name="transactionManager">
		<ref local="transactionManagerImpl"/>
	</property>
 </bean>

In my application I am using Spring-managed transactions. I deploy my WAR
file with the jencks jar file included. When the GeronimoTransactionManager
is instantiated I get an illegal access exception in the jencks class:
org.apache.geronimo.transaction.context.GeronimoTransactionManager in the
begin() method.
The following snippet is where it throws the exception:

	if (transactionContextManager.getContext() == null) {
			transactionContextManager.newUnspecifiedTransactionContext();
		}
        TransactionContext ctx = transactionContextManager.getContext();
        if (ctx instanceof UnspecifiedTransactionContext == false) {
            throw new NotSupportedException("Previous Transaction has not
been committed");
        }

The instanceof throws the IllegalAccessException because the
UnspecifiedTransactionContext class is loaded by a different class loader.
As I have googled this issue to death and found no answers I can only assume
I am configuring things incorrectly.