geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Wayne Rasmuss <way...@popstarnetworks.com>
Subject Can't lookup data source from BMP entity bean
Date Fri, 12 Oct 2007 23:39:30 GMT

I am unable to lookup a data source from a RAR that is deployed in the same
ear as jar file containing BMP entity beans. Here are some details.

1.) I am able to use the data source in war files contained in the same ear.

2.) The following line throws an NameNotFound("comp/env")  new
InitialContext().lookup("java:comp/env")

3.) I am able to use the data source for my login module

4.) My ear deploys without errors

5.) My ejb-jar entity bean tags look like this

     <entity>
            <ejb-name>realm</ejb-name>

<local-home>com.popstarnetworks.realm.beans.realm.RealmLocalHome</local-home>
            <local>com.popstarnetworks.realm.beans.realm.RealmLocal</local>

<ejb-class>com.popstarnetworks.realm.beans.realm.RealmBean</ejb-class>
            <persistence-type>Bean</persistence-type>
            <prim-key-class>java.util.UUID</prim-key-class>
            <reentrant>true</reentrant>
            <resource-ref>
                <res-ref-name>realm_database</res-ref-name>
                <res-auth>Container</res-auth>
            </resource-ref>
        </entity>

6.) My openejb entity bean tags look like this
        <entity>
            <ejb-name>node</ejb-name>
            <jndi-name>node</jndi-name>
            <naming:resource-ref>
                <naming:ref-name>realm_database</naming:ref-name>
                <naming:resource-link>realm_database</naming:resource-link>
            </naming:resource-ref>
        </entity>

7.) I have tried different names in the <naming:ref-name> tags. When I do
this, my application will deploy with either the name in <naming:ref-name>,
<naming:resource-link> listed in the ejb-jar file

8.) If I remove the <naming:resource-ref> tags, my application will still
deploy as long as I use the name declared in my RAR

Thanks for You Help
Wayne