geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Wayne Rasmuss <>
Subject Can't lookup data source from BMP entity bean
Date Fri, 12 Oct 2007 23:39:30 GMT

I am unable to lookup a data source from a RAR that is deployed in the same
ear as jar file containing BMP entity beans. Here are some details.

1.) I am able to use the data source in war files contained in the same ear.

2.) The following line throws an NameNotFound("comp/env")  new

3.) I am able to use the data source for my login module

4.) My ear deploys without errors

5.) My ejb-jar entity bean tags look like this

6.) My openejb entity bean tags look like this

7.) I have tried different names in the <naming:ref-name> tags. When I do
this, my application will deploy with either the name in <naming:ref-name>,
<naming:resource-link> listed in the ejb-jar file

8.) If I remove the <naming:resource-ref> tags, my application will still
deploy as long as I use the name declared in my RAR

Thanks for You Help