geronimo-user mailing list archives

From jthinaka <jthinaka+nab...@gmail.com>
Subject Geronimo2.0: MDB does not get triggered
Date Thu, 11 Oct 2007 00:21:52 GMT

Hello,
I am trying to deploy an MDB that worked fine in Geronimo 1.1 on 2.0. It
deploys just fine, but doesn't get triggered when a message comes to the
queue.

Here's how my MDB looks like (snippet):

@MessageDriven(mappedName = "CallFinishMDB",
				activationConfig = {
									@ActivationConfigProperty(propertyName = "acknowledgeMode",
propertyValue = "Auto-acknowledge"),
									@ActivationConfigProperty(propertyName = "destinationType",
propertyValue = "javax.jms.Queue"),
									@ActivationConfigProperty(propertyName="destination",
propertyValue="CallFinishQueue")
									}
			  )
public class CallFinishMDB implements MessageListener {
	/**
	 * Logger for this class
	 */
	private static final Logger logger = Logger.getLogger(CallFinishMDB.class);

	public void onMessage(Message arg0) {
		try
		{
			System.err.println("YIPEEEEE I was called");
			processMessage(arg0);
		}

Here's what my openejb-jar.xml looks like:

	<enterprise-beans>
		<message-driven>
			<ejb-name>CallFinishMDB</ejb-name>
			<resource-adapter>
				<resource-link>CallQueueConnectionFactory</resource-link>
			</resource-adapter>
		</message-driven>
	</enterprise-beans>

I know CallQueueConnectionFactory exists on Geronimo as it is deployed,
here's how the JCA info look on the JMX viewer in Geronimo (after removing
company specific package info)

abstractName:
<PackagePath>/CallQueueConnectionFactory/1.0/rar?J2EEApplication=null,ResourceAdapter=<PackagePath>/CallQueueConnectionFactory/1.0/rar,ResourceAdapterModule=<PackagePath>/CallQueueConnectionFactory/1.0/rar,j2eeType=JCAResource,name=<PackagePath>/CallQueueConnectionFactory/1.0/rar

objectName:
geronimo:J2EEServer=geronimo,name=<PackagePath>/CallQueueConnectionFactory/1.0/rar,J2EEApplication=null,j2eeType=JCAResource,ResourceAdapterModule=<PackagePath>/CallQueueConnectionFactory/1.0/rar,ResourceAdapter=<PackagePath>/CallQueueConnectionFactory/1.0/rar

className: org.apache.geronimo.connector.JCAResourceImpl
domain: geronimo
j2eeType: JCAResource

Here's how it should work:
1. A message gets pushed on CallFinishQueue
2. The MDB get's called.

However, it never prints that message in the onMessage() method.

Thanks in advance.