geronimo-user mailing list archives

From LaurentB <>
Subject Re: Bind String constant to JNDI name
Date Tue, 09 Oct 2007 06:32:11 GMT

Is there any way to place this env-entry or similar anywhere else than in

I'm having the same issue where I'm trying to define a string constant that
is the location of a config file, and I'd like to have that definition
placed __outside__ of the WAR file. Otherwise, I can just hard code that
somewhere in the app ;-)

With Tomcat alone, I usually place an <Environment> entry in the context XML
file, which is located outside of the WAR. This entry is then accessible
from the webapp code via a JNDI lookup.