geronimo-user mailing list archives

From yuanyun <yuanyu...@163.com>
Subject One problem when using mod_proxy_balancer to build a cluster
Date Fri, 05 Oct 2007 12:51:54 GMT

Hi
   I am wanting to use apache_2.2.6's module-mod_proxy_balancer- to build a
cluster in front of Geronimo, I use tomcat-cluster sample from
wasce_samples-2.0.0.0.zip as the test application.

    But i find that although the first time i disable node1 via
http://localhost/balancer-manager, the subsequent requests would redirect to
node2, and all content of session remains, but later i enable node1, then
disable node2, the content of session is lost, and the session id is also
changed.
    I appended the following configuration in httpd.conf.
		LoadModule proxy_balancer_module modules/mod_proxy_balancer.so
		<Location /balancer-manager>
				SetHandler balancer-manager
		</Location>
		<Location "/servlet-examples-cluster">
				ProxyPass balancer://servlet-examples-cluster/
				ProxyPassReverse http://9.186.64.232:8080/servlet-examples-cluster/
				ProxyPassReverse http://9.186.64.172:8080/servlet-examples-cluster/
		</Location>
		Redirect /servlet-examples /servlet-examples/
		<Proxy balancer://servlet-examples-cluster stickysession=JSESSIONID>
				BalancerMember http://9.186.64.232:8080/servlet-examples-cluster
loadfactor=50 route=server1
				BalancerMember http://9.186.64.172:8080/servlet-examples-cluster
loadfactor=50 route=server2
		</Proxy>
   I also upload all the required files in order to replicate the problem.
http://www.nabble.com/file/p13058753/tomcat-cluster-sample.rar
tomcat-cluster-sample.rar
   I have no idea what i forget to configure. Any help or suggestion is
welcome, Thanks in advance.

Yuan