geronimo-user mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: maven - geronimo 2.0 example build problem
Date Fri, 05 Oct 2007 16:28:18 GMT
I think we're getting tied up in nomenclature.  With ejb3, the only
ejbs are session beans and mdbs.  Something you annotate with @Entity
is not an ejb, just a jpa persistent object.  For instance you can
put them directly in a web app and they will work fine.  You can also
have "persistence units" with only jpa entities and a persistence.xml
in them that are referenced through manifest classpath of ejb jars or
wars.  In any case, a jar with only @Entity classes in it will not be
recognized as a ejb jar and if you claim it is the ejb deployer will
object.

hope this helps
david jencks