On Sep 12, 2007, at 11:34 PM, Anshuk Chinmoy Pal Chaudhuri wrote:

Hi,

The scenario is more like this.

I am having the j2ee application client on Geronimo 1.1.1 server, which needs to talk to the websphere mq sitting on other machine. The websphere mq ip needs to be somewhere mentioned/defined in the j2ee application client container. There are similar issues like this @ http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/forums/dw_thread.jsp?message=9245539&cat=9&thread=60899&treeDisplayType=threadmode1&forum=280#9245539 but that is the websphere server.

Had the websphere mq been running on the same machine as on which the Geronimo server is runiing, then there would not have been any problems.

Where do I need to define that?Any pointers?

Anshuk,
I've never used the MQ RA. Looks like the relevant doc (thanks google) is at http://publibfp.boulder.ibm.com/epubs/pdf/csqzaw15.pdf

Looks like you need to configure 'hostName' on either your ActivationSpec or ConnectionFactory...

--kevan