On Sep 6, 2007, at 6:50 AM, Anshuk Chinmoy Pal Chaudhuri wrote:

Hi,

I am trying to deploy a connector rar from inside the ear on Geronimo 1.1.1. The connector ra.xml file refers to all the classes like the activationspec-class and so on. If I put the jar (containing all these classes), just directly under the connector rar, the the ear is deploying properly, but when I try to put the jar inside deployable.ear\lib and mention the jar path in the manifest.mf of the connector.rar (..\lib\classes.jar) ..it gives class not found (which is there in the jar)

I think the correct manifest classpath entry for the structure you show below would be lib/classes.jar not ../lib/classes.jar. The file name of the artifact containing the manifest.mf (connector.rar) doesn't count when traversing the manifest classpath. I've gotten confused about this several times :-) but hopefully g. 1.1.1 isn't one of the places :-)

thanks
david jencks

I have also tried to put the jar path in the manifest.mf of the deployable.ear (.\lib\classes.jar), there is the same classnotfound problem.

The structure which works fine:

deployable.ear

- Meta-Inf

- Manifest.mf