Hi Mark,

One issue that has been noticed when using Ubuntu is that it's difficult to use the appropriate JVM.  The solution I've been using is to recreate the java symlink in /usr/bin and have it point to the proper version of java that you more than likely have already downloaded.

Hope this helps,

Jason Warner