Hi Kevan,
you can find the deployable ear here: http://www.mediafire.com/?8mdty2cu0mm
and just the webapp with sources included here: http://www.mediafire.com/?d6ml6l1hgj4

in order to deploy the app, you need a connection pools named TestDS, pointing to an existing db, nothing more (a table named test will be automatically created in that db).
deploy and just browse to http://localhost:8080/index.htm on the tomcat version to get the problem

about the Viet links, those links are jmx related, and i cannot solve the problem just
setting MBeanExporter's "exposeManagedResourceClassLoader" property to "true"

moreover, seeing in which conditions it happens (for example point 4) it looks more a geronimo problem, being related to the web context.