On Sep 26, 2007, at 11:45 AM, Paul Boyes wrote:

Thank you.  I appreciate it.  I found the following:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GERONIMO-2918?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:all-tabpanel

Looks pretty straight forward, but a build is in order.  Does that sound right to you?

that's it! although it may be rather out of date for g. 2.x.

What I would recommend doing is turning off the provided activemq-broker and activemq-ra modules and deploying your own with appropriate configuration, in particular with dependencies on all the jars you need to make amq work this way.  In trunk you can do this pretty easily as a plugin but earlier you can just deploy the plans into the running server using the console or command line deployer.

If there are hidden dependencies on the activemq-broker module (I suspect some from openejb in geronimo 2.x) you may need to include a line like

org.apache.geronimo.configs/activemq-broker//car=com.myco/myamq-broker/1.0/car

in your var/config/artifact_aliases.properties.

I haven't actually tried this particular maneuver so there may be complications.  Feel free to ask for help :-)

You can also change the plan in the server source code and rebuild but obviously that is somewhat harder to maintain.

thanks
david jencks

Thanks,

Paul