geronimo-user mailing list archives

From "Ed Hillmann" <ed.hillm...@gmail.com>
Subject How to define a JCA connection pool / jndi address?
Date Wed, 19 Sep 2007 23:12:56 GMT
Hi all.  I'm in the middle of deploying a JCA adapter into a Geronimo
2.0.1 container.  I've ensured that my adapter meets the spec (which
it hadn't before... many thanks to those on this group who helped me
with that), and the RAR file has been able to deploy successfully
within the container.  When the Geronimo server starts up, I can see
the RAR module started.

Fantastic.  Now, I want to configure a few connection pools / jndi
addresses, so I can execute my existing test cases against the
Geronimo server.  And I can find any doco about how to set this up.

Other servers have spiffy little areas in their Web console that, once
the RAR module is deployed, I can create the pools via the admin
console very easily.  It doesn't appear that the Geronimo Admin
Console allows me to do that (or I just don't know the right place to
look, which is a completely realistic option).  I can see where, in
the Admin Console, you can add Database Pools and JMS Resources, but
it's not a really good fit.

I tried going through Database Pools.  I can see my RAR in the "Driver
JAR" list, and can select it.  But when I try to test it, it complains
about not providing a Driver Class.  Which I didn't, as I don't want a
driver class.  So, that didn't work for me.

And going through the JMS resources didn't make any sense either.  I
don't want to set a JMS resource.

The online documentation seems pretty sparse on this as well.  If
anyone knows of some decent info regarding this, I'd be all ears.

Thanks for any help,
Ed