geronimo-user mailing list archives

From "Ed Hillmann" <ed.hillm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ra.xml parse error when deploying JCA adapter
Date Mon, 17 Sep 2007 04:51:49 GMT
> aren't mailing lists fun :-)

Just ducky :)

> Anyway, your rar is not constructed properly.  You are supposed to
> have a META-INF/ra.xml file and then any number of jar files inside
> with the classes.  Classes packed "loose" in the rar are ignored.
> Again, I can't explain the behavior of other app servers :-)
>
> I don't know if you are building this rar but if you are you might
> try using maven and the rar plugin which makes it pretty easy to get
> the correct structure.  The geronimo build has an example of
> repackaging a rar in the geronimo-activemq-ra module but in that case
> we didn't have to pack the classes into a jar but just leave a lot of
> stuff out.  Still it might be a useful reference.
>
> Hope this helps
> david jencks

Ok, I'll work at re-packing the RAR file, and sort myself out.

I am building this file, but at the moment I'm not using maven.  It
might be in the cards in the near future, though, so I'll keep that in
mind.  However, I should be able to restructure the archives to the
way they are supposed to be.

Thanks heaps for the help,
Ed