geronimo-user mailing list archives

From "Viet Nguyen" <vhng...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Suspicion of mistake in documentation for Geronimo 2.0
Date Tue, 11 Sep 2007 12:31:11 GMT
On 9/11/07, Marcin Waldowski <mwaldows@sulechow.net> wrote:

> [...]
>         at org.apache.geronimo.deployment.Deployer.deploy(Deployer.java
> :304)
>         at org.apache.geronimo.deployment.Deployer.deploy(Deployer.java
> :126)
>         at
> org.apache.geronimo.deployment.Deployer$$FastClassByCGLIB$$734a235d.invoke
> (<generated>)
>         at org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.FastMethodInvoker.invoke(
> FastMethodInvoker.java:38)
>         at org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanOperation.invoke(
> GBeanOperation.java:124)
>         at org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstance.invoke(
> GBeanInstance.java:865)
>         at org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.BasicKernel.invoke(
> BasicKernel.java:239)
>         at
> org.apache.geronimo.deployment.plugin.local.AbstractDeployCommand.doDeploy
> (AbstractDeployCommand.java:116)
>         at
> org.apache.geronimo.deployment.plugin.local.RedeployCommand.redeploySameConfiguration
> (RedeployCommand.java:225)
>         at org.apache.geronimo.deployment.plugin.local.RedeployCommand.run
> (RedeployCommand.java:101)
> Caused by: org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.LifecycleException: load of
> pl.com.max.ppr.pprsrv/pprsrv-ear_pprsrv-war-1.2.war/1.2/car failed
>         at
> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.SimpleConfigurationManager.loadConfiguration
> (SimpleConfigurationManager.java:325)
>         at
> org.apache.geronimo.deployment.DeploymentConfigurationManager.loadConfiguration
> (DeploymentConfigurationManager.java:115)
>         at
> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.SimpleConfigurationManager.loadConfiguration
> (SimpleConfigurationManager.java:284)
>         at
> org.apache.geronimo.deployment.DeploymentConfigurationManager.loadConfiguration
> (DeploymentConfigurationManager.java:111)
>         at
> org.apache.geronimo.deployment.DeploymentContext.createTempConfiguration(
> DeploymentContext.java:117)
>         ... 44 more
> Caused by: org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.InvalidConfigException: Error
> starting configuration gbean pl.com.max.ppr.pprsrv/pprsrv-ear_pprsrv-
> war-1.2.war/1.2/car
>         at
> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.SimpleConfigurationManager.load(
> SimpleConfigurationManager.java:350)
>         at
> org.apache.geronimo.deployment.DeploymentConfigurationManager.load(
> DeploymentConfigurationManager.java:119)
>         at
> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.SimpleConfigurationManager.loadConfiguration
> (SimpleConfigurationManager.java:310)
>         ... 48 more
> Caused by:
> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.repository.MissingDependencyException: Unable
> to resolve dependency pl.com.max.ppr.pprsrv/jms-resources/1.2/rar

This is your main problem. You must have changed the dependency to look
something like
<dep:dependency>
    <dep:groupId>pl.com.max.ppr.pprsrv</dep:groupId>    (the change was made
here right?)
    <dep:artifactId>jms-resources</dep:artifactId>
    <dep:version>1.2</dep:version>
    <dep:type>rar</dep:type>
</dep:dependency>

If you are depending on pl.com.max.ppr.pprsrv/jms-resources/1.2/rar (which
it seems like you are) then there should exist the path
<GERONIMO-HOME>/repository/pl/com/max/ppr/pprsrv/jms-resources/1.2//rar.

If this does not exist and you are depending on it, you'll get this error.

To fix this:
1. go to the geronimo-application.xml and change

                <dep:moduleId>
                    <dep:groupId>org.apache.geronimo.samples</dep:groupId>
                    <dep:artifactId>jms-resources</dep:artifactId>
                    <dep:version>1.2</dep:version>
                    <dep:type>rar</dep:type>
                </dep:moduleId>
                <dep:moduleId>
                    <dep:groupId>pl.com.max.ppr.pprsrv</dep:groupId>
                    <dep:artifactId>jms-resources</dep:artifactId>
                    <dep:version>1.2</dep:version>
                    <dep:type>rar</dep:type>
                </dep:moduleId>

OR
2. change the dependencies in your geronimo-web.xml back to what it was.

Regards,
Viet

        at org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.ConfigurationResolver.resolve(