geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: EJB Authentication Problem
Date Tue, 25 Sep 2007 00:07:59 GMT

On Sep 24, 2007, at 6:48 PM, Kory Markevich wrote:

> David Jencks <david_jencks@...> writes:
>
>> I think this is what you need to do.  With openejb standalone the
>> login-by-getting-jndi might work better.  We could fix it in geronimo
>> by having you supply a realm name
>
> I guess what I need to know is whether I'm missing something,
> because from what
> I can tell both login via JNDI and via JAAS (using
> org.apache.openejb.client.ClientLoginModule) from a stand-alone
> client cannot
> work in 2.0.1 because they both send null as the realm name, which
> Geronimo
> rejects.  Both of these methods have changed in the latest OpenEJB
> to allow the
> realm name to be passed; any idea when those features or equivalent
> will end up
> in Geronimo?

Kory,
You can give the latest 2.0.2-SNAPSHOT build a try (http://
people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository/org/apache/geronimo/
assemblies/geronimo-tomcat6-jee5/2.0.2-SNAPSHOT/geronimo-tomcat6-
jee5-2.0.2-20070922.184612-1-bin.zip or similarly named jetty
assembly). It contains a more recent build of OpenEJB.

We're nearly ready for a new fix release...

--kevan