geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Problems with Geronimo Logging...
Date Fri, 14 Sep 2007 18:11:41 GMT

On Sep 14, 2007, at 1:49 PM, EJLeVin1 wrote:

> Kevan,
>      Thanks for the info.  I wasn't able to get the modification to
> the
> .bat/.sh files working properly with the -classpath options
> (although I
> might have been setting something wrong); however, changing the
> MANIFEST.MF
> file in the server.jar did do the trick (which was kind of nice
> because I
> could just copy it to our linux distro), and I was able to add my
> custom
> jars to the classpath through that means.  I think I might go ahead
> and make
> a Jira for this -- I think it would be a nice thing to be able to
> do moving
> forward in a much easier fashion.
>
> Thanks again for your help!

Hi Eric,
No problem. I'm glad to hear you got things working. Please do raise
a jira -- I'd really like to see us improve these pain points...

I'm not entirely certain how an external CLASSPATH and MANIFEST.MF
might interact. I do seem to recall that if you use 'java -jar
server.jar', the jre ignores your external CLASSPATH setting and only
observes the MANIFEST.MF setting... I hoped that invoking java as
'java <main-class-name>' would avoid this issue, but could easily be
mistaken...

--kevan