geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Problem with @PostConstruct in MDB
Date Wed, 12 Sep 2007 02:31:37 GMT

On Sep 11, 2007, at 4:13 PM, David Blevins wrote:

> On Sep 11, 2007, at 7:05 AM, Marcin Waldowski wrote:
>
>> Hello.
>>
>> I use Geronimo 2.0.1. When I add to my mdb code following lines:
>>
>> import javax.interceptor.InvocationContext;
>> import javax.annotation.PostConstruct;
>>
>> @PostConstruct
>> public void construct(InvocationContext ctx) {
>>     // do nothing
>> }
>>
>> I receive exception below during deployment. Whitout this lines
>> everything works ok.
>
> The exception you should have gotten was:
>
>  - - - - - - - -
> Jar Failed validaton: pprsrv-ejb-1.2.jar
> FAIL - YourBeanName - Invalid PostConstruct arguments: construct
> (InvocationContext)
>  - - - - - - - -
>
> Just added this page for you:  http://cwiki.apache.org/OPENEJB/
> callbacks.html

Very nice. Thanks for the doc David!

>> Caused by: org.apache.geronimo.common.DeploymentException: Jar
>> failed validation: pprsrv-ejb-1.2.jarERROR ... null:	Cannot
>> validate jar: Java heap space
>> 	at
>> org.apache.geronimo.openejb.deployment.EjbModuleBuilder.getEjbJarInfo
>> (EjbModuleBuilder.java:528)
>> 	at
>> org.apache.geronimo.openejb.deployment.EjbModuleBuilder.initContext
>> (EjbModuleBuilder.java:437)
>> 	at org.apache.geronimo.openejb.deployment.EjbModuleBuilder$
>> $FastClassByCGLIB$$cd80af20.invoke(<generated>)
>> 	at net.sf.cglib.reflect.FastMethod.invoke(FastMethod.java:53)
>> 	at org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.FastMethodInvoker.invoke
>> (FastMethodInvoker.java:38)
>> 	at org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanOperation.invoke
>> (GBeanOperation.java:124)
>> 	at org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstance.invoke
>> (GBeanInstance.java:830)
>
> This should not happen.  Kevan, any suggestions on better memory
> settings?

Strange. Marcin, how big is your app?

Have you tried increasing your max heap space (e.g. -Xmx128m )?

Although possible, I find it a bit hard to believe that 1) your app
is large enough to have you at the very limit of your heap space and
2) that adding @PostConstruct is putting you over the heap space
limit. I wonder if there isn't a bug in the validation code...

Marcin, can you share your app with us?

--kevan