geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Paul McMahan <paulmcma...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Custom 404 message?
Date Wed, 05 Sep 2007 19:50:50 GMT
Not sure which flavor and version of Geronimo you are using, but
using the Geronimo+Tomcat 2.0.1 server I was able to accomplish this
by following these steps:
-  add that chunk of text from your message to var/catalina/ROOT/WEB-
INF/web.xml
-  create my404error.jsp in var/catalina/ROOT
-  undeploy Geronimo's welcome app  (use the admin console, or bin/
deploy.sh undeploy org.apache.geronimo.configs/welcome-tomcat//car)
-  restart the server

This is rather complicated because the welcome app is assigned to the
'/' context until you undeploy it, and then tomcat component needs to
be restarted before it assigns the ROOT app back to handling the '/'
context.

Best wishes,
Paul