geronimo-user mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: manifest classloader issue
Date Thu, 06 Sep 2007 21:16:29 GMT

On Sep 6, 2007, at 11:52 AM, Anshuk Chinmoy Pal Chaudhuri wrote:

> Hi,
>

> One more query on this classloader. As I said earlier, I have
> already deployed the connector.rar and have mentioned the required
> classes.jar in the manifest worked fine. Now I was trying to deploy
> a ejb as well as the next module in the ear, and it required some
> other jars from the same lib folder in the ear, so I mention those
> jar (e.g. ejbclasses.jar) in the manifest.mf of the ejbapp.jar, but
> it gives NoClassDefFound.
I find that very surprising and wonder if you have the right path in
the manifest classpath.

> But when have I mentioned the same required ejbclasses.jar in the
> manifest.mf of the first module of connector.rar, it is getting
> deployed correctly.
>

> Please correct me if I am wrong, as the connector.rar is getting
> loaded first, and the class for ejb which is not being found is in
> the parent classloader of the connector.rar and that is the reason
> why the class not getting found. I checked it  @ http://mail-
> archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/geronimo-user/200705.mbox/%
> 3C84706160@web.de%3E .

All ejb modules and connector modules and anything reachable in their
manifest classpaths (transitively) all gets added to the same
classloader and used for all these modules.  Only wars get separate
(child) classloaders.

thanks
david jencks