geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Problem with defining custom Valve in config.xml
Date Thu, 20 Sep 2007 13:28:04 GMT

On Sep 20, 2007, at 8:52 AM, Carver wrote:

> It seems that I can merge all the other jar files into the
> geronimo-tomcat-1.1.1.jar to make it works. Is there other ways to
> handle
> it?

Another technique would be to append your jar to the Class-Path in
meta-inf/manifest.mf in server.jar. Both of these are pretty much hacks.

A cleaner solution would be to build the server from source and add
your dependency to the Tomcat module. Or simply tinker with the
Tomcat plan and redeploy the module on your server...

IMO, we need a technique for inserting user-specified jars into a
module's CLASSPATH. I'm not feeling like we have a satisfactory
solution, from a user's perspective. Using XML to configure modules
might help...

--kevan