geronimo-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Problem at geronimo boot
Date Tue, 04 Sep 2007 19:29:03 GMT

On Sep 3, 2007, at 3:33 AM, Paolo Denti wrote:

> Hi Kevan, Viet
>
> i prepared a basic spring/hibernate application using jta on  
> geronimo. it works.
> then i tried to add all the components i am using in my "bad"  
> application, one by one, and, finally, i found it:
> it was very difficult because the problem happens under an  
> incredible particular set of conditions in AND:
> 1) the most important: sitemesh is used to render pages
> 2) you deploy an ear (deploying just the war, it works always)
> 3) you use the tomcat version of geronimo (with the jetty version,  
> it works always; i discovered it at the end of all tests !!)
> 4) the web app in the ear has the root context (in the sub  
> contexts, it works always)
>
> just commenting the sitemesh filter mapping in web.xml, everything  
> works. if i apply sitemesh filter, i get
>  org.springframework.transaction.CannotCreateTransactionException:  
> Could not open Hibernate Session for transaction; nested exception  
> is java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: interface  
> org.hibernate.jdbc.ConnectionWrapper is not visible from class loader
> i can make it available for everybody if needed.
> otherwise, if you prefer, just try to modify Viet app. in this way:
> 1) add "sitemesh-2.3.jar" to WEB-INF/lib
> 2) add "decorators.xml" to WEB-INF
>     <decorators defaultdir="/WEB-INF/decorators">
>         <decorator name="default" page="default.jsp">
>             <pattern>/*</pattern>
>         </decorator>
>     </decorators>
> 3) add "decorators" folder to WEB-INF
> 4) add default.jsp to decorators folder
>     <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN"  
> "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">
>     <%@ taglib uri="http://www.opensymphony.com/sitemesh/decorator"  
> prefix="decorator" %>
>     <%@ taglib uri="http://www.opensymphony.com/sitemesh/page"  
> prefix="page" %>
>     <html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" xml:lang="en">
>         <head>
>             <title><decorator:title /> (sitemesh decorated)</title>
>         </head>
>         <body>
>             <decorator:body />
>         </body>
>     </html>
> 5) add sitemesh filter to web.xml
>     <filter>
>         <filter-name>sitemesh</filter-name>
>         <filter- 
> class>com.opensymphony.module.sitemesh.filter.PageFilter</filter- 
> class>
>         <init-param>
>             <param-name>debug.pagewriter</param-name>
>             <param-value>false</param-value>
>         </init-param>
>     </filter>
> ....
>     <filter-mapping>
>         <filter-name>sitemesh</filter-name>
>         <url-pattern>/*</url-pattern>
>     </filter-mapping>
> 6) execute your web controller which users jta: you should get an  
> exception

Paolo -- wow! Thanks a bunch for tracking down this detail. This is  
terrific.

Did you try either of the suggestions that Viet proposed?

On Aug 31, 2007, at 8:40 AM, Viet Nguyen wrote:
> I found these two related jiras that I hope will fix your problem:
>
> http://opensource.atlassian.com/projects/hibernate/browse/HHH-2281
> http://opensource.atlassian.com/projects/spring/browse/SPR-3571
>
> People have suggested two solutions:
> 1. switch to using Hibernate 3.2.0 (hibernate "solution")
> 2. set MBeanExporter's "exposeManagedResourceClassLoader" property  
> to "true" (spring workaround)

On Sep 3, 2007, at 3:33 AM, Paolo Denti wrote:

>
> p.s. about the hot deploy, i cannot hot deploy even my small test  
> application
>
> Geronimo Application Server started
> 00:54:24,935 ERROR [Deployer] Deployment failed due to
> java.lang.NullPointerException
>         at  
> org.apache.geronimo.deployment.CopyResourceContext.addFile 
> (CopyResourceContext.java:144)
>         at org.apache.geronimo.deployment.DeploymentContext.addFile 
> (DeploymentContext.java:461)
>         at  
> org.apache.geronimo.web25.deployment.AbstractWebModuleBuilder.installM 
> odule(AbstractWebModuleBuilder.java:288)
>         at  
> org.apache.geronimo.web25.deployment.AbstractWebModuleBuilder$ 
> $FastClassByCGLIB$$8523248f.invoke(<generated>)

Strange. I had no problem with my test ear... If you could make your  
test app available, that would be great.

--kevan
Mime
View raw message