geronimo-user mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: ra.xml parse error when deploying JCA adapter
Date Mon, 17 Sep 2007 04:13:29 GMT

On Sep 16, 2007, at 11:35 PM, Ed Hillmann wrote:

> I'm getting an error when I attempt to deploy my RAR file.  I'll
> describe what I'm doing first.
>
> 1) My adapter uses a custom JAR library in order to communicate with
> the remote application.  I've already added this JAR file to the
> repository.
>
> 2) I tried to use an old version of geronimo-ra.xml (apparently).
> When I used it during the attempted deployment of the RAR file, it
> failed.  But what was very cool, was that it migrated it to a new
> version of the deployment plan.  I just wanted to mention that this
> was very cool!  the newer version is a lot different to the older one,
> and I would've lost a bit of time trying to sort it out.  Very, very
> nice feature.

It's nice to hear something good about that since I hated writing it
and haven't been maintaining it very well :-)  Maybe now I'll find
some more motivation :-)

> [...]
> $FastClassByCGLIB$$a535b6aa.invoke(<generated>)
> 	at net.sf.cglib.reflect.FastMethod.invoke(FastMethod.java:53)
> 	at org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.FastMethodInvoker.invoke
> (FastMethodInvoker.java:38)
> 	at org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanOperation.invoke
> (GBeanOperation.java:124)
> 	at org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstance.invoke
> (GBeanInstance.java:830)
> 	at org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.RawInvoker.invoke
> (RawInvoker.java:57)
> 	at org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.RawOperationInvoker.invoke
> (RawOperationInvoker.java:35)
> 	at
> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.ProxyMethodInterceptor.intercept
> (ProxyMethodInterceptor.java:96)
> 	at org.apache.geronimo.j2ee.deployment.ActivationSpecInfoLocator$
> $EnhancerByCGLIB$$aa3481fe.initContext(<generated>)
> 	at
> org.apache.geronimo.j2ee.deployment.EARConfigBuilder.buildConfiguratio
> n(EARConfigBuilder.java:576)
> 	at org.apache.geronimo.j2ee.deployment.EARConfigBuilder$
> $FastClassByCGLIB$$38e56ec6.invoke(<generated>)
> 	at net.sf.cglib.reflect.FastMethod.invoke(FastMethod.java:53)
> 	at org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.FastMethodInvoker.invoke
> (FastMethodInvoker.java:38)
> 	at org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanOperation.invoke
> (GBeanOperation.java:124)
> 	at org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstance.invoke
> (GBeanInstance.java:830)
> 	at org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.RawInvoker.invoke
> (RawInvoker.java:57)
> 	at org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.RawOperationInvoker.invoke
> (RawOperationInvoker.java:35)
> 	at
> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.ProxyMethodInterceptor.intercept
> (ProxyMethodInterceptor.java:96)
> 	at org.apache.geronimo.deployment.ConfigurationBuilder$
> $EnhancerByCGLIB$$d2868893.buildConfiguration(<generated>)
> 	at org.apache.geronimo.deployment.Deployer.deploy(Deployer.java:304)
> 	... 10 more
> com.intecbilling.connector.TreEventActivationSpec in classloader
> com.intecbilling.singleview/svConnector/1.0/rar
> 	at
> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.MultiParentClassLoader.loadOptimized
> Class(MultiParentClassLoader.java:428)
> 	at
> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.MultiParentClassLoader.loadClass
> (MultiParentClassLoader.java:278)
> 	at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:251)
> 	at
> org.apache.geronimo.connector.deployment.ConnectorModuleBuilder.getAct
> ivationSpecInfoMap(ConnectorModuleBuilder.java:599)
> 	... 31 more
>
> So, it's looking for the implementation of the ActivationSpec
> interface that is in my RAR file that I am trying to deploy.
>
> Am I missing something else in the geronimo-ra.xml file?  It seems to
> know about the correct ActivationSpec class.  Just not that it needs

I'd guess that you don't have the dependencies set up as well as you
think :-)

Can you verify which jar this activation spec is actually in and show
the structure of the rar and the environment section of the plan?

thanks
david jencks