geronimo-user mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: resolving/installing dependencies
Date Mon, 10 Sep 2007 21:34:53 GMT
you can mess around with the assemble goal in the car-maven-plugin
but it's kind of hard to set up right.

What I'd actually recommend is that you go to bleeding-edge geronimo
trunk and use a geronimo plugin.  If you "predeploy" your project
into a car file using the car-maven-plugin it will get a geronimo-
plugin.xml metadata file that lists all the dependencies. (actually
this is configurable in a couple ways).  Then if you install the
plugin (from your local maven repo) all the dependencies will be
installed into geronimo as well.

This also works if your geronimo plugin (car file) is at a remote
geronimo plugin repository.

Most of the plugin functionality more or less works in g. 2.0.1 but
its a lot harder to use, the xml format is not forward compatilble,
and you basically have to do everything yourself.

As I said this is bleeding edge, right now I'm working on converting
the geronimo car files to look more like plugins.

thanks
david jencks