geronimo-user mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: manifest classloader issue
Date Thu, 06 Sep 2007 15:18:51 GMT

On Sep 6, 2007, at 6:50 AM, Anshuk Chinmoy Pal Chaudhuri wrote:

> Hi,
>

> I am trying to deploy a connector rar from inside the ear on
> Geronimo 1.1.1. The connector ra.xml file refers to all the classes
> like the activationspec-class and so on. If I put the jar
> (containing all these classes), just directly under the connector
> rar, the the ear is deploying properly, but when  I try to put the
> jar inside deployable.ear\lib  and mention the jar path in the
> manifest.mf of the connector.rar (..\lib\classes.jar) ..it gives
> class not found (which is there in the jar)

I think the correct manifest classpath entry for the structure you
show below would be lib/classes.jar not ../lib/classes.jar.  The
file name of the artifact containing the manifest.mf (connector.rar)
doesn't count when traversing the manifest classpath.  I've gotten
confused about this several times :-)  but hopefully g. 1.1.1 isn't
one of the places :-)

thanks
david jencks