geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Xh <xhsaymyn...@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject Geronimo 2.0.1 and entity bean problem
Date Wed, 05 Sep 2007 00:08:42 GMT
Hi All!

I'm trying to create my first ejb3 entity bean in Geronimo 2.0.1.

I base on this wiki:
http://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxDOC20/very-simple-entity-ejb-example.html

I've created simple WebModule and annoted it, just like this:

@Entity
@Table(name="dw_module",schema="dw")
public class WebModule implements Serializable {
}

Acording to the above wiki openejb-jar.xml is only to define module and artifactId, so do
mine.
In addition, I have META-INF/persistance.xml that looks like this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

    xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" version="1.0"
    xsi:schemaLocation="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/persistence http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/persistence/persistence_1_0.xsd">
    <persistence-unit name="WebModulePU">
        <provider>
            org.apache.openjpa.persistence.PersistenceProviderImpl
        </provider>
        <class>org.xh.dataweaver2.web.entity.WebModule</class>
        <properties>
            <property name="openjpa.ConnectionURL"
                value="jdbc:derby:target/dataweaver" />
            <property name="openjpa.ConnectionUserName" value="dw" />
            <property name="openjpa.ConnectionPassword"
                value="admin123" />
                value="org.apache.derby.jdbc.EmbeddedDriver" />
        </properties>
    </persistence-unit>
</persistence>

Later on, in my Servlet I have:

// thread-safe, class level context
@PersistenceContext(unitName = "WebModulePU", name = "persistence/em")
public class DispatcherServlet extends HttpServlet implements Servlet {
EntityManager em = null;
        try {
            em = (EntityManager) (new InitialContext())
                    .lookup("java:comp/env/persistence/em");
        } catch (NamingException e) {
            e.printStackTrace();
        }
}

The thing is that my application deploys and starts without any errors.
But I cannot see my entity bean in the JNDI Viewer;
as a result, when I access my Servlet I keep getting:
javax.naming.NotContextException: persistence/em

Can some one provide an example of working entity bean and its persistance.xml?

thanks and best regards
Ɓukasz