geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Geronimo 2.0.1 Server Start-Up Failed
Date Wed, 05 Sep 2007 13:06:58 GMT

On Sep 4, 2007, at 4:51 PM, Bobby Warner wrote:

> I am trying to use Geronimo for the first time.  I downloaded
> version 2.0.1, extracted and ran server.jar.  Any thoughts?  I am
> using JDK 6u1.

Hi Bobby,
One user has reported successfully starting Geronimo 2.0.1 on JRE
1.6.0_02_b05. I've also started our Tomcat assembly using 1.6 on Mac
OS X.

It's not clear how you are starting Geronimo (shell script or direct
java invocation). I suspect you are invoking java directly. Your
error implies that java.endorsed.dirs is not set properly. Geronimo
shell scripts should always configure that property.

To run Geronimo using a shell script:

   export JAVA_HOME=/opt/java/sun/jdk1.6.0_02/
   ./bin/geronimo.sh run

To invoke java directly, try the following:

   java -Djava.endorsed.dirs=lib/endorsed -javaagent:bin/jpa.jar -jar
bin/server.jar

--kevan