geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Paul McMahan <paulmcma...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Problem with defining custom Valve in config.xml
Date Fri, 21 Sep 2007 12:54:14 GMT
1.) start geronimo 2.0.1

2.) undeploy the Tomcat component:
      $G/bin/deploy.sh undeploy org.apache.geronimo.configs/
tomcat6/2.0.1/car

3.) install your jar into the repository:
      mkdir -p $G/repository/mygroup/myvalve/1.0/
      cp myvalve-1.0.jar $G/repository/mygroup/myvalve/1.0/

4.) get a deployment plan for Geronimo's Tomcat component by building
it from source
     -- or --
      http://people.apache.org/~pmcmahan/tomcat_plan.xml

5.) add a dependency on your jar to the deployment plan
      <dependencies>
         [...]
         <dependency>
           <groupId>mygroup</groupId>
           <artifactId>myvalve</artifactId>
           <version>1.0</version>
           <type>jar</type>
       </dependency>

6.) redeploy the tomcat component using the updated deployment plan
      $G/bin/deploy.sh deploy $G/repository/org/apache/geronimo/
modules/geronimo-tomcat6/2.0.1/geronimo-tomcat6-2.0.1.jar
tomcat_plan.xml

7.) restart any web apps that depend on Tomcat (undeploying Tomcat
stopped them).  e.g.
      $G/bin/deploy.sh start org.apache.geronimo.configs/welcome-
tomcat/2.0.1/car

As was mentioned earlier,  this process for adding new dependencies
to an existing module needs to be improved in Geronimo.  This would
make it easier to use your own classes for Tomcat valves.   BTW,
there are several "native" valves already in the Tomcat jars that
would not require you to go through this process:
http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-6.0-doc/api/org/apache/catalina/
valves/package-summary.html

Best wishes,
Paul