geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Paul McMahan <paulmcma...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: JSP Compiler
Date Wed, 19 Sep 2007 13:48:04 GMT
On Sep 19, 2007, at 8:06 AM, Alessandro PTQS wrote:

> Hi, I'm using Geronimo 1.1 and i want to disable the recompilation
> of my jsp
> every time I restart the application or even every time I restart the
> server.

I would suggest precompiling your jsps.   If you build using maven
then there is a jspc-maven-plugin that can do this for you.  I think
there is also a jspc ant task if you use ant.   What these tools
basically do is generate the java class file for your jsps at build
time and then insert <servlet> and <servlet-mapping> elements into
your web.xml so that requests for those jsps are handled by the
precompiled classes.

Best wishes,
Paul