geronimo-user mailing list archives

From "Jarek Gawor" <jga...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: does geronimo support RESTful Web Service with JAX-WS?
Date Fri, 28 Sep 2007 15:03:52 GMT
Yuan,

What's on that page should work but with some changes. For example,
you need to provide a slightly different web.xml descriptor. Try with
the following:

<web-app version="2.4" xmlns="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/j2ee">
  <servlet>
    <servlet-name>restful-addnumbers</servlet-name>
    <servlet-class>restful.server.AddNumbersImpl</servlet-class>
    <load-on-startup>0</load-on-startup>
  </servlet>
  <servlet-mapping>
    <servlet-name>restful-addnumbers</servlet-name>
    <url-pattern>/addnumbers/*</url-pattern>
  </servlet-mapping>
</web-app>

As to JSR 311, yes, we are thinking about it but right now we don't
have any concrete plans. As we've done with JAX-WS, most likely we
would work with projects such as Apache Axis2 or CXF and integrate
their JSR 311 implementations (assuming they will have one) into
Geronimo.

Jarek