geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Kristian Köhler <Kristian.Koeh...@dmc.de>
Subject How to register a Datasource in GlobalJNDI Namespace?
Date Wed, 26 Sep 2007 10:33:27 GMT
Hi

i use a custom deployment mechanism to install my application into Geronimo 2.0.1. I have
no special deployment plan for that kind of application. One component out of my application
wants to access the DataSource registered within Geronimo Application server. The component
tries to lookup the db via a JNDI lookup call.

My idea is to register the DB within the Global JNDI Namespace and that access it from within
my application. I configured the pool via deployment plan and registered a GBeanBinding GBean
for the registration in the Global Namespace.

My problem is: What's the name of the DBPool to access/ to link to with the GBeanBinding?
Is this a passable way to do this?

Here is the plan:

----- 8< -----

<connector xmlns="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/j2ee/connector-${geronimoSchemaVersion}">

    <resourceadapter>
        <outbound-resourceadapter>
            <connection-definition>
                <connectionfactory-interface>javax.sql.DataSource</connectionfactory-interface>
                <connectiondefinition-instance>
                 <name>Datasource</name>
                </connectiondefinition-instance>
            </connection-definition>
        </outbound-resourceadapter>
    </resourceadapter>

    <gbean name="MyDatabaseBinding" class="org.apache.geronimo.gjndi.binding.GBeanBinding">
        <attribute name="name">Database</attribute>
        <attribute name="abstractNameQuery">?name=Datasource</attribute>
        <reference name="Context">
            <name>JavaContext</name>
        </reference>
    </gbean>