geronimo-user mailing list archives

From David Blevins <david.blev...@visi.com>
Subject Re: Problem with @PostConstruct in MDB
Date Tue, 11 Sep 2007 20:13:36 GMT

On Sep 11, 2007, at 7:05 AM, Marcin Waldowski wrote:

> Hello.
>
> I use Geronimo 2.0.1. When I add to my mdb code following lines:
>
> import javax.interceptor.InvocationContext;
> import javax.annotation.PostConstruct;
>
> @PostConstruct
> public void construct(InvocationContext ctx) {
>     // do nothing
> }
>
> I receive exception below during deployment. Whitout this lines
> everything works ok.

The exception you should have gotten was:

  - - - - - - - -
Jar Failed validaton: pprsrv-ejb-1.2.jar
FAIL - YourBeanName - Invalid PostConstruct arguments: construct
(InvocationContext)
  - - - - - - - -

Just added this page for you:  http://cwiki.apache.org/OPENEJB/
callbacks.html

> Caused by: org.apache.geronimo.common.DeploymentException: Jar
> failed validation: pprsrv-ejb-1.2.jarERROR ... null:	Cannot
> validate jar: Java heap space
> 	at
> org.apache.geronimo.openejb.deployment.EjbModuleBuilder.getEjbJarInfo(
> EjbModuleBuilder.java:528)
> 	at
> org.apache.geronimo.openejb.deployment.EjbModuleBuilder.initContext
> (EjbModuleBuilder.java:437)
> 	at org.apache.geronimo.openejb.deployment.EjbModuleBuilder$
> $FastClassByCGLIB$$cd80af20.invoke(<generated>)
> 	at net.sf.cglib.reflect.FastMethod.invoke(FastMethod.java:53)
> 	at org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.FastMethodInvoker.invoke
> (FastMethodInvoker.java:38)
> 	at org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanOperation.invoke
> (GBeanOperation.java:124)
> 	at org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstance.invoke
> (GBeanInstance.java:830)

This should not happen.  Kevan, any suggestions on better memory
settings?

-David