geronimo-user mailing list archives

From "Paul Boyes" <p...@gridnetworks.com>
Subject RE: ActiveMQ: Network of Brokers
Date Wed, 26 Sep 2007 19:45:22 GMT
Thanks.  I greatly appreciate it.  I am going to give it a go as well as
maybe just having an instance of ActiveMQ running outside of Geronimo.

From: David Jencks [mailto:david_jencks@yahoo.com]
Sent: Wednesday, September 26, 2007 12:10 PM
To: user@geronimo.apache.org
Subject: Re: ActiveMQ: Network of Brokers

On Sep 26, 2007, at 11:45 AM, Paul Boyes wrote:

Thank you.  I appreciate it.  I found the following:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GERONIMO-2918?page=com.atlassian.j
ira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:all-tabpanel
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GERONIMO-2918?page=com.atlassian.
jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:all-tabpanel>

Looks pretty straight forward, but a build is in order.  Does that sound
right to you?

that's it! although it may be rather out of date for g. 2.x.

What I would recommend doing is turning off the provided activemq-broker
and activemq-ra modules and deploying your own with appropriate
configuration, in particular with dependencies on all the jars you need
to make amq work this way.  In trunk you can do this pretty easily as a
plugin but earlier you can just deploy the plans into the running server
using the console or command line deployer.

If there are hidden dependencies on the activemq-broker module (I
suspect some from openejb in geronimo 2.x) you may need to include a
line like

org.apache.geronimo.configs/activemq-broker//car=com.myco/myamq-broker/1
.0/car

in your var/config/artifact_aliases.properties.

I haven't actually tried this particular maneuver so there may be
complications.  Feel free to ask for help :-)

You can also change the plan in the server source code and rebuild but
obviously that is somewhat harder to maintain.

thanks

david jencks

	Thanks,

	Paul