geronimo-user mailing list archives

From "Paul Boyes" <p...@gridnetworks.com>
Subject ActiveMQ: Network of Brokers
Date Wed, 26 Sep 2007 05:56:59 GMT
Hello,

I am new to Geronimo and ActiveMQ and have been researching and playing
with both.  With ActiveMQ, I really like the idea of a network of
brokers.  And, of course, I like Geronimo as it provides MDB, connection
management, etc... as well as all the other app server stuff.  So, I
have been trying to figure out how to set up a network of brokers with
Geronimo, but have not been able to figure out how to do it in both
directions.

Using the following configuration, I have run a stand alone ActiveMQ
instance and been able to send messages through it to the Geronimo
server but not the other way around (from the Geronimo server).

    <networkConnectors>

      <!-- by default just auto discover the other brokers -->

      <!--<networkConnector name="default-nc"
uri="multicast://default"/>-->

      <networkConnector name="host1"
uri="static://(tcp://somehost:61616)" failover="true"/>

    </networkConnectors>

I am looking for a way to have the ActiveMQ instance running within
Geronimo to listen to other servers as well as described here
(http://activemq.apache.org/networks-of-brokers.html).  Am I going about
this correctly?  Is this something that can be easily done, meant to be
done?  Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Paul