geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Xh <xhsaymyn...@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject Re: G2.0.1 @Stateless and @Stateful name parameter ignored?
Date Sat, 08 Sep 2007 04:02:58 GMT
Hi David!

There were no errors during deployment.
Application deploys and starts. Bean does not work.

Without name attribute, everything is OK.

best regards
Ɓukasz

----- Original Message ----
From: David Blevins <david.blevins@visi.com>
To: user@geronimo.apache.org
Sent: Saturday, 8 September, 2007 12:44:42 AM
Subject: Re: G2.0.1 @Stateless and @Stateful name parameter ignored?

On Sep 7, 2007, at 1:14 PM, Xh wrote:

> Hi All!
>
> I've encountered a strange thing.
> I've noticed that all @State*(name="Name") definitions are ignored
> by Geronimo 2.0.1.
> Application deploys successfully, but in JNDI Viewer there are no
> session beans.
>
> Simple:
>
> @Stateless(name = "ModuleProxy")
> public class ModuleProxyBean implements ModuleProxy {
> }
>
> doesn't not work, but this:
>
> @Stateless
>  public class ModuleProxyBean implements ModuleProxy {
>  }
>
> works.
>
> After removing name definition and redeploying application I can
> see in JNDI Viewer my bean.
> Also, I can look it up in JNDI with this string (note the full
> class name ModuleProxyBean):
> DataWeaver2EnterpriseProxyModule.jar/ModuleProxyBean/
> org.xh.dataweaver.interfaces.ejb.ModuleProxy
>
> Has somebody else experienced this? Is it normal Geronimo behaviour?

The 'name' attribute of @Stateless, @Stateful, and @MessageDriven is
definitely used in the code and tested for.  Maybe there's another
issue going on.  When you say there are no session beans in the JNDI
Viewer, that would seem to imply a different issue such as the bean
not getting deployed at all.

-David