geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Mario Ruebsam <mario.rueb...@googlemail.com>
Subject running two instances of Geronimo 2.0.1
Date Thu, 27 Sep 2007 16:32:10 GMT
Hi all,

in the config-substitutions.properties file there is a nice feature to
run more than one instance of Geronimo at the same machine. But the
recommended port offset leads to a conflict.

##   To run multiple instances of geronimo choose a portOffset such that none of
the ports below conflict
##   Try PortOffset=10

Setting PortOffset to the recommended 10 leads to a conflict because of the
default AJPPortSecondary port. This one is not configured in default config.xml
an so will not be changed from the 8019 setting. Setting the offset of 10 to
the AJPPortPrimary (8009) will conflict with the secondary.

How do I configure the AJPPortSecondary port in config.xml?
I already added the config of the primary because it is not part of the
Little-G default config.

<gbean name="JettyAJP13Connector">
             <attribute name="host">${ServerHostname}</attribute>
             <attribute name="port">${AJPPortPrimary + PortOffset}</attribute>
             <attribute name="redirectPort">${HTTPSPortPrimary +
PortOffset}</attribute>
         </gbean>

I know setting the offset to 8 will also help but I have some services
that will then conflict also. So the offset of 10 would be great.

Thanks, Mario