geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Tomasz Mazan <win...@wp.pl>
Subject Re: Problem JMS (NameNotFoundException)
Date Mon, 24 Sep 2007 19:28:55 GMT
Jochen Zink pisze:
> Hello,
>
> I'm using geronimo 2.0.1 and I try to send a simple textMessage to a JMSQueue.
>
> First, I have configured a JMS-Ressource for ActiveMQ with the geronimo console. You
can see the full DeploymentPlan at the end of this email.

> The Connectionfactory becomes the name: MyFactory
> The Destination becomes the name: MyQueue
>

> Now, I have a simple WebApplication, with a simple Servlet, which trys to send a message
to MyQueue

> Here are the relevant code:
> InitialContext jndiContext = getInitialContext();
> QueueConnectionFactory factory = (QueueConnectionFactory) jndiContext.lookup("java:comp/env/MyFactory");
> Queue queue = (Queue) jndiContext.lookup("java:comp/env/MyQueue");
> QueueConnection connection = factory.createQueueConnection();
> QueueSession session = connection.createQueueSession(true, Session.AUTO_ACKNOWLEDGE);
> MessageProducer producer = session.createProducer(queue);
> TextMessage txtMsg = session.createTextMessage();
> txtMsg.setText(vorgangPk);
> producer.send( txtMsg );
> connection.close();
>

> On line 2 jndiContext.lookup("java:comp/env/MyFactory"); a NameNotFoundException is thrown
(MyFactory not found).

> I'm not sure what I do wrong. If anyone has an idea, it would be great.

There's no global jndi context with jms objects. I've developed small
gbean to create bindings, but - I'm sure - you only need to know, that
names of your objects are MyFactory, MyQueue. So, I would try to lookup
from - imho correctly initialized context - Factory with
lookup("MyFactory") and Queue with lookup("MyQueue) arguments. Try those
names, I hope it will be working.

Beniamin