geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Marcin Waldowski <mwald...@sulechow.net>
Subject Re: Problem with @PostConstruct in MDB
Date Wed, 12 Sep 2007 07:08:40 GMT
Kevan Miller wrote:

> On Sep 11, 2007, at 4:13 PM, David Blevins wrote:
>

>> The exception you should have gotten was:
>>
>>  - - - - - - - -
>> Jar Failed validaton: pprsrv-ejb-1.2.jar
>> FAIL - YourBeanName - Invalid PostConstruct arguments:
>> construct(InvocationContext)
>>  - - - - - - - -
>>
>> Just added this page for you:
>> http://cwiki.apache.org/OPENEJB/callbacks.html

David, thanks. Now I see that I've mix up ejb annotation with
interceptor annotation. Now my application deploy without errors :)

>>> Caused by: org.apache.geronimo.common.DeploymentException: Jar
>>> failed validation: pprsrv-ejb-1.2.jarERROR ... null:    Cannot
>>> validate jar: Java heap space
>>>     at
>>> org.apache.geronimo.openejb.deployment.EjbModuleBuilder.getEjbJarInfo(EjbModuleBuilder.java:528)

>>>     at
>>> org.apache.geronimo.openejb.deployment.EjbModuleBuilder.initContext(EjbModuleBuilder.java:437)

>>>     at
>>> org.apache.geronimo.openejb.deployment.EjbModuleBuilder$$FastClassByCGLIB$$cd80af20.invoke(<generated>)

>>>     at net.sf.cglib.reflect.FastMethod.invoke(FastMethod.java:53)
>>>     at
>>> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.FastMethodInvoker.invoke(FastMethodInvoker.java:38)

>>>     at
>>> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanOperation.invoke(GBeanOperation.java:124)

>>>     at
>>> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstance.invoke(GBeanInstance.java:830)

>> This should not happen.  Kevan, any suggestions on better memory
>> settings?
>
> Strange. Marcin, how big is your app?
>
> Have you tried increasing your max heap space (e.g. -Xmx128m )?
>
> Although possible, I find it a bit hard to believe that 1) your app is
> large enough to have you at the very limit of your heap space and 2)
> that adding @PostConstruct is putting you over the heap space limit. I
> wonder if there isn't a bug in the validation code...
>
> Marcin, can you share your app with us?
>
> --kevan

Kevan, my app is rather small (source is only 500 kB). Unfortunately I
cannot share my app :(

I have tried to reporoduce this error on the source code for
http://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxDOC20/jms-and-mdb-sample-application.html
example. Patch is in attachment. I supposed to receive error, any error,
because, as David said, @PostConstruct arguments are invalid. But
modified jms-mdb-sample has been deployed without any errors. Strange,
but maybe the same bad things happened, but jms-mdb-sample is not big
enought to create "org.apache.geronimo.common.DeploymentException: Jar
failed validation: pprsrv-ejb-1.2.jarERROR ... null:    Cannot validate
jar: Java heap space"

HTH,
Marcin