geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Efren Gonzalez <gonz...@tutopia.com>
Subject EJB-QL Compiler Factory
Date Tue, 11 Sep 2007 03:26:58 GMT
Hello

On the openejb-jar documentation, it says that the
<ejb-ql-compiler-factory> and <db-syntax-factory> are to specify classes
that know about a certain RDBMS, and that the default is for Derby.

I have used CMP EJBs with MySQL without specifying those two parameters
(it uses the Derby defaults I suppose) and haven't noticed any
particular issue, but I was wondering if there are specific classes for
MySQL.

Does anyone know if there are such classes? Maybe using the Derby
defaults work OK with MySQL, but performance could be improved by using
specific MySQL ones?

I have been looking in other threads and on the TranQL site with no
luck, hope someone can provide any clue on this.

Thanks!!

Efrén