geronimo-user mailing list archives

From "Ted Kirby" <ted.ki...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: No class def error - Java version
Date Fri, 28 Sep 2007 12:28:23 GMT
Geronimo 1.0 is old.  It would be best to try to get this working with
2.0.  I forget if/how well 1.0 may work with 1.5 JDK.  From the 1.0
release notes: "CORBA support requires a Sun Java 1.4.2 VM
(specifically 1.4.2_08 or a higher 1.4.2_* release)."  If you want to
pursue it, you might try with a Sun 1.4.2 JDK.

On 9/27/07, PeterAU2 <info@plusplus.com.au> wrote:

> C:\course\corba\src2>java -version
> java version "1.5.0_04"
> Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.5.0_04-b05)
> Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 1.5.0_04-b05, mixed mode, sharing)
>

> Ted Kirby-2 wrote:
> >
> > On 9/27/07, PeterAU2 <info@plusplus.com.au> wrote:
> >>
> >> I don't have a server.log; I have a geronimo.log which I guess is the
> >> right
> >> one?
> > yes, sorry.  good guess! :-)
> >> Please find attached two log files:
> >> geronimo.log.V2.0.1.zip is the log file when attempting to deploy under
> >> 2.0.1. This deployment fails because of an error in the XML file; I can't
> >> tell that problem.
> >
> > Yeah, 1.0 is rather old, and deployment plans and version have changed
> > since then.
> > Here are some samples, and you may get proper deployment plans from them:
> > http://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxDOC20/sample-applications.html
> > Can you paste your geronimo-web.xml file?
> >
> >> http://www.nabble.com/file/p12933272/geronimo.log.v2.0.1.zip
> >> geronimo.log.v2.0.1.zip
> >> geronimo.log.v1.0.zip is the log file from deploying (which works) and
> >> attempting to run (which fails as described in my original post).
> >> http://www.nabble.com/file/p12933272/geronimo.log.v1.0.zip
> >> geronimo.log.v1.0.zip
> >
> > this one is old and kind of nasty:
> > Caused by: org.omg.CORBA.INITIALIZE: Cannot instantiate
> > com.sun.corba.se.internal.javax.rmi.PortableRemoteObject  vmcid: 0x0
> > minor code: 0  completed: No
> >       at
> > javax.rmi.PortableRemoteObject.createDelegateIfSpecified(PortableRemoteObject.java:184)
> >       at javax.rmi.PortableRemoteObject.<clinit>(PortableRemoteObject.java:61)
> >       ... 22 more
> > com.sun.corba.se.internal.javax.rmi.PortableRemoteObject (no security
> > manager: RMI class loader disabled)
> >       at sun.rmi.server.LoaderHandler.loadClass(LoaderHandler.java:371)
> >
> > what java/JDK are you running with?  Can you respond with java
> > -version output?  You should be running with a Sun JDK.  It seems you
> > are not...
> >
> > Ted Kirby
> >> Peter

> >> but