geronimo-user mailing list archives

From "Ted Kirby" <ted.ki...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: No class def error in Hello, world EJB sample application
Date Fri, 28 Sep 2007 01:51:35 GMT
On 9/27/07, PeterAU2 <info@plusplus.com.au> wrote:

> I don't have a server.log; I have a geronimo.log which I guess is the right
> one?
yes, sorry.  good guess! :-)
> Please find attached two log files:
> geronimo.log.V2.0.1.zip is the log file when attempting to deploy under
> 2.0.1. This deployment fails because of an error in the XML file; I can't
> tell that problem.

Yeah, 1.0 is rather old, and deployment plans and version have changed
since then.
Here are some samples, and you may get proper deployment plans from them:
http://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxDOC20/sample-applications.html
Can you paste your geronimo-web.xml file?

> http://www.nabble.com/file/p12933272/geronimo.log.v2.0.1.zip
> geronimo.log.v2.0.1.zip
> geronimo.log.v1.0.zip is the log file from deploying (which works) and
> attempting to run (which fails as described in my original post).
> http://www.nabble.com/file/p12933272/geronimo.log.v1.0.zip
> geronimo.log.v1.0.zip

this one is old and kind of nasty:
Caused by: org.omg.CORBA.INITIALIZE: Cannot instantiate
com.sun.corba.se.internal.javax.rmi.PortableRemoteObject  vmcid: 0x0
minor code: 0  completed: No
	at javax.rmi.PortableRemoteObject.createDelegateIfSpecified(PortableRemoteObject.java:184)
	at javax.rmi.PortableRemoteObject.<clinit>(PortableRemoteObject.java:61)
	... 22 more
com.sun.corba.se.internal.javax.rmi.PortableRemoteObject (no security
manager: RMI class loader disabled)
	at sun.rmi.server.LoaderHandler.loadClass(LoaderHandler.java:371)

what java/JDK are you running with?  Can you respond with java
-version output?  You should be running with a Sun JDK.  It seems you
are not...

Ted Kirby