geronimo-user mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: classloading within an EAR file problem
Date Fri, 21 Sep 2007 00:24:54 GMT
Despite Tomasz's optimism I don't think you can do this.  In geronimo
the rars and ejb jars in an ear get put in one classloader and each
web-app gets put in another classloader.  The ear classloader is a
parent of every war classloader.  The problem is that the war
classloaders don't get publically accessible names that you could use
in the dependencies section to make one a parent of another.

I'm afraid your best bet in geronimo is to put the shared classes
into a jar in the ear's lib directory.  I would not object in the
least if you raised a jira for this issue but I doubt I personally
will be able to work on it very soon.

thanks
david jencks