geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Craig Blake <craigwbl...@mac.com>
Subject Unable to resolve timer
Date Sat, 01 Sep 2007 16:52:25 GMT
Hi everyone, I'm new to Geronimo and am having an issue deploying an
application that works fine on Glassfish.  I have a stateless bean
that uses a TimerService, as illustrated in this pared down test class:

import javax.annotation.Resource;
import javax.ejb.Stateless;
import javax.ejb.TimerService;

@Stateless
public class SampleBean implements Sample {

	@Resource TimerService timer;

	public void run() {}
}

Glassfish automatically injects a new timer instance without any
additional configuration necessary, but Geronimo fails with a
deployment exception as included below.  Does Geronimo not support
automatic creation of timers or am I missing something obvious?

Thanks,
Craig

12:31:28,675 ERROR [Deployer] Deployment failed due to
org.apache.geronimo.common.DeploymentException: Unable to resolve
resource reference 'SampleBean/timer' (Could not auto-map to
resource.  Try adding a resource-ref mapping to your Geronimo
deployment plan.
Search conducted in current module and dependencies:
[ALL: org.apache.geronimo.configs/openejb//car]
[ALL: org.apache.geronimo.configs/system-database//car]
[ALL: org.apache.geronimo.configs/tomcat6//car]
[ALL: org.apache.openejb/openejb-core//jar]
[ALL: org.apache.geronimo.modules/geronimo-openejb//jar]
[ALL: org.apache.geronimo.configs/openjpa//car]
[ALL: org.apache.geronimo.configs/j2ee-corba-yoko//car]
[ALL: org.apache.geronimo.configs/axis//car]
[ALL: org.apache.geronimo.configs/axis2//car]
)
         at
org.apache.geronimo.connector.deployment.ResourceRefBuilder.buildNaming(
ResourceRefBuilder.java:202)
         at
org.apache.geronimo.connector.deployment.ResourceRefBuilder$
$FastClassByCGLIB$$71dbb49e.invoke(<generated>)
         at org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.FastMethodInvoker.invoke
(FastMethodInvoker.java:38)
         at org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanOperation.invoke
(GBeanOperation.java:124)
         at org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstance.invoke
(GBeanInstance.java:830)
         at org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.RawInvoker.invoke
(RawInvoker.java:57)
         at
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.RawOperationInvoker.invoke
(RawOperationInvoker.java:35)
         at
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.ProxyMethodInterceptor.intercept
(ProxyMethodInterceptor.java:96)
         at
org.apache.geronimo.naming.deployment.ResourceEnvironmentSetter$
$EnhancerByCGLIB$$a17d2cf4.buildNaming(<generated>)
         at
org.apache.geronimo.j2ee.deployment.NamingBuilderCollection.buildNaming(
NamingBuilderCollection.java:53)
.
.
.