geronimo-user mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: ra.xml parse error when deploying JCA adapter
Date Mon, 17 Sep 2007 04:42:12 GMT

On Sep 17, 2007, at 12:22 AM, Ed Hillmann wrote:

> I tried sending this with the rar as an attachment, but I was told
> it was spam.
>
> But the RAR being used contains the ActivationSpec that cannot be
> found.... I promise.  I'll try emailing you directly, David, with the
> JAR. :)

aren't mailing lists fun :-)

Anyway, your rar is not constructed properly.  You are supposed to
have a META-INF/ra.xml file and then any number of jar files inside
with the classes.  Classes packed "loose" in the rar are ignored.
Again, I can't explain the behavior of other app servers :-)

I don't know if you are building this rar but if you are you might
try using maven and the rar plugin which makes it pretty easy to get
the correct structure.  The geronimo build has an example of
repackaging a rar in the geronimo-activemq-ra module but in that case
we didn't have to pack the classes into a jar but just leave a lot of
stuff out.  Still it might be a useful reference.

Hope this helps
david jencks