geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Dain Sundstrom <>
Subject Re: EJB-QL Compiler Factory
Date Sun, 16 Sep 2007 15:37:45 GMT
Starting with Geronimo 2.0 those properties are ignored.   The new
versions of Geronimo use OpenEJB 3.0 which has a brand new CMP
implementation based on OpenJPA.  OpenJPA is a lot smarter then our
old CMP engine and one of its many tricks is the ability to
automatically discover the database type and adjust the SQL dialect

On Sep 10, 2007, at 8:26 PM, Efren Gonzalez wrote:

> Hello
> On the openejb-jar documentation, it says that the <ejb-ql-compiler-
> factory> and <db-syntax-factory> are to specify classes that know
> about a certain RDBMS, and that the default is for Derby.
> I have used CMP EJBs with MySQL without specifying those two
> parameters (it uses the Derby defaults I suppose) and haven't
> noticed any particular issue, but I was wondering if there are
> specific classes for MySQL.
> Does anyone know if there are such classes? Maybe using the Derby
> defaults work OK with MySQL, but performance could be improved by
> using specific MySQL ones?
> I have been looking in other threads and on the TranQL site with no
> luck, hope someone can provide any clue on this.
> Thanks!!
> Efrén
> <gonzale.vcf>

View raw message