geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Mark Aufdencamp <m...@aufdencamp.com>
Subject EAR Security Realm Configuration
Date Mon, 24 Sep 2007 15:02:07 GMT
Hi All,

I'm having a slight problem with a security realm in an EAR.  I have two
webapps that I would like to authenticate via a container managed FORM
Auth, webapp and webappadmin.  I have the webapp realm functioning
without any issues.  Of course, I cut and pasted from webapp to
webappadmin and attempted to deploy.  This resulted in a commom
deployment exception - "Only one security configuration allowed per
application".

What's the proper approach to resolving this?

Can I use/Do I need a second realm for the second web application?  As
in a 1-1 correspondence between the app and the realm.

If not how do I properly configuring the second app to utilize the
realm?  Is there someway to define it in the EAR for both web apps?

TIA

Mark Aufdencamp
Mark@Aufdencamp.com