geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Mark Aufdencamp <m...@aufdencamp.com>
Subject RE: EJB 2.1 CMR Question
Date Sat, 01 Sep 2007 15:48:11 GMT
allowing the containers Insert Transaction to be delayed until after the EJB PostCreate method.&nbsp;
This appears to be set in both flavors via a container configuration command.</div>
- &lt;delay-database-insert-until&gt;ejbPostCreate&lt;/delay-database-insert-until&gt;</div>
<BLOCKQUOTE style="PADDING-LEFT: 8px; MARGIN-LEFT: 8px; BORDER-LEFT: blue 2px solid" webmail="1">--------
Original Message --------<BR>Subject: EJB 2.1 CMR Question<BR>From: Mark Aufdencamp
&lt;mark@aufdencamp.com&gt;<BR>Date: Fri, August 31, 2007 12:14 pm<BR>To:
user@geronimo.apache.org<BR><BR>
<DIV>Hi All,</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>I'm working on some CMR EJB's and had a more general question on EJB architecture&nbsp;rather
than specifically with Geronimo's implementation.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>I have a pair of entity beans with a 1:M relationship.&nbsp; I'm attempting
to set the parent object with a CMR, </DIV>
<DIV>setParentEntityLocal(ParentEntityLocal parent),&nbsp;on the many object during
the creation of the many.&nbsp; I've tried to do this in the PostCreate and the Create.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Problem is the Foreign Key Column on the Child table has a NOT NULL constraint.&nbsp;
How does one typically deal with this?&nbsp;&nbsp; Is it possible, or do I need to
modify the DDL on the database?&nbsp; Can the FK column be defined as a CMP and set without
messing up the CMR field?</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>I have the freedom to change the DDL, but was a bit curious how one would deal
with this if they were working in a more structured environment where the DBA might not be
so willing to change th DDL.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Thanks, as always:)</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Mark Aufdencamp</DIV>
<DIV><A href="mailto:Mark@Aufdencamp.com" target=_blank _onClick="Popup.composeWindow('pcompose.php?sendto=Mark%40Aufdencamp.com');;
return false;">Mark@Aufdencamp.com</A></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>BTW - I'm pretty close to migrating to Geronimo 2.0 (a couple of iterations).&nbsp;
How does this same scenario work out with JPA?</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV></BLOCKQUOTE></DIV></body></html>