geronimo-user mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: ActiveMQ: Network of Brokers
Date Wed, 26 Sep 2007 19:10:21 GMT

On Sep 26, 2007, at 11:45 AM, Paul Boyes wrote:

> Thank you.  I appreciate it.  I found the following:
>

> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GERONIMO-2918?
> page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:all-tabpanel
>

> Looks pretty straight forward, but a build is in order.  Does that
> sound right to you?

that's it! although it may be rather out of date for g. 2.x.

What I would recommend doing is turning off the provided activemq-
broker and activemq-ra modules and deploying your own with
appropriate configuration, in particular with dependencies on all the
jars you need to make amq work this way.  In trunk you can do this
pretty easily as a plugin but earlier you can just deploy the plans
into the running server using the console or command line deployer.

If there are hidden dependencies on the activemq-broker module (I
suspect some from openejb in geronimo 2.x) you may need to include a
line like

org.apache.geronimo.configs/activemq-broker//car=com.myco/myamq-
broker/1.0/car

in your var/config/artifact_aliases.properties.

I haven't actually tried this particular maneuver so there may be
complications.  Feel free to ask for help :-)

You can also change the plan in the server source code and rebuild
but obviously that is somewhat harder to maintain.

thanks
david jencks