geronimo-user mailing list archives

From PeterAU2 <i...@plusplus.com.au>
Subject Deployment plan required
Date Fri, 28 Sep 2007 00:25:22 GMT

Hi. Please forgive my second newbie question!

I'm also trying to get the Geronimo Hello world sample to work, from
http://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxDOC11/deployment-plans-level-1.html
Heading: Deploying JAR containing Simple EJB application

I'm running Geronimo 1.0, but am thinking this example from 1.1 should work?

When I attempt to deploy using the console, if I just enter the Archive file
helloworld-ejbs.jar and no Plan I get the error:
'Currently a Geronimo deployment plan is required for an EJB module.  Please
provide a plan as a deployer argument or packaged in the EJB JAR at
META-INF/openejb-jar.xml'
If I include the file META-INF\openejb-jar.xml (listed at bottom) then I get
the same error.

Please help.

I'll update the wiki once I get this to work!

Thanks again

Peter

<openejb-jar xmlns="http://www.openejb.org/xml/ns/openejb-jar-2.1">
  <dep:environment
xmlns:dep="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/deployment-1.1">
    <dep:moduleId>
      <dep:groupId>org.geronimo.</dep:groupId>
      <dep:artifactId>ejbsample</dep:artifactId>
      <dep:version>1.0</dep:version>
      <dep:type>car</dep:type>
    </dep:moduleId>
    <dep:dependencies/>
    <dep:hidden-classes/>
    <dep:non-overridable-classes/>
  </dep:environment>
  <enterprise-beans>
    <session>
      <ejb-name>HelloBean</ejb-name>
      <jndi-name>org.geronimo.ejbsample.HomeBean</jndi-name>
    </session>
  </enterprise-beans>
</openejb-jar>